"Welcome to Gillette House! Our goal is to create a community at Gillette where our residents are able to grow academically, socially, and emotionally. By promoting engagement with the Vanderbilt community, creating spaces for discussion, and fostering a sense of community, Gillette will be the foundation of your first-year experience. With the leadership of Faculty Head of House Dr. Dobson, Gillette House residents will have the opportunity to make the most out of their first year at Vanderbilt. We know that you will create some of your best college memories in Gillette House, and we are excited for you to embark on your collegiate journey at the best house on Commons!"
-Camron Shirkhodaie, Head Resident Adviser
Signature programming at Gillette House includes the following events:
- Weekly Gillette Gelato every Wednesday at 9 pm.
- Dinners in Professor Dobson's apartment featuring engaging faculty members and administrators, VU alumni, and Nashville civic leaders.
- Events with our Humphrey Fellow.
- Educational programming on sexual health, academic success, and stress management.
- "Book Buddies" community service program with Napier Elementary School.
- Special annual events, such as our pre-Thanksgiving feast and Super Bowl Party.
Gillette House HAC
Elections/appointments to the House Advisory Council occurred in early September. For more details ask your RA staff or email Program Coordinator Aimee Robinson.