Located on The Ingram Commons, East House provides modern features in a classic structure. Approximately 100 students live in East House. Originally built in 1924, the building was completely renovated in 1987-88 and further renovations took place in the summers of 2005 and 2006. There is a study lounge, television lounge, and full-size kitchen on the second floor. A Library and Café (self-serve Keurig) is located on the lower level. The Faculty Head of House lives in an apartment on the second floor. The first floor consists of mechanical rooms, and the office of the Area Maintenance Supervisor.
Signature programming at East House includes the following events:
- Thought & Snacks: On Wednesday evenings, Faculty Head of House Professor Gervais hosts a study break. He will introduce a new "thought" every week and then residents can discuss, relax and grab a snack with other members of the house. Occasionally, various campus organizations and events will attend Thought & Snacks to introduce students to different opportunities to get involved across campus.
- BreakfEAST: The RA staff serves residents pancakes and waffles on a few Sunday mornings throughout the school year.
- Sunday fEAST: Professor Gervais and other professors and community members host Sunday dinners where students have the opportunity to engage in intellectual conversations, enjoy a good meal, and foster relationships with faculty outside of the classroom.
East House HAC
Tommy Oswalt, President
David Blum, Vice President
Christian Cox, Senator
Daavi Gazelle, PR Chair
Jack Trapani, Service Commissioner
Aaron Katz, Floor Representative
Ian Feeley, Floor Representative
Nicole Brougher, Floor Representative