Participate in Student Governance
"Serving on my House Advisory Council has helped me cultivate a greater sense of community with my fellow Housemates and with the broader Nashville area. Involvement with the CLC spurs my creativity and encourages me to apply myself beyond academics."
-Natalia Lynch, C'18, Sutherland House Service Commissioner
Are you interested in getting involved in student governance and leadership during your first year on The Ingram Commons?
One of the ways that first-year students can become involved in their individual Houses is by running for and/or applying for positions on the House Advisory Council (HAC). Each House has an HAC composed of six positions: president, vice president, first-year senator, public relations chair, floor representatives (one per floor), and House service commissioner. Together all 95 of these officers compose the CommonDores Leadership Council (CLC), which meets every week on Tuesdays from 9-10 pm. For full position descriptions, click here.
2016 Timeline for Elections/Applications
- September 4, 6-7:30 pm and 7:30-9 pm: CLC Interest Meetings (mandatory if running or applying)
- September 8, 5 pm: Elected officer paperwork due to the VSG office
- September 9, 8 am: Campaigning begins
- September 12, 8 - 10 pm: Town Hall Meetings (times vary by House)
- September 13-14: Voting for elected officers
- September 18, 5 pm: Service Commissioner applications due via Anchor Link
- September 20-22: Service Commissioner interviews
- September 23, 5 pm: PR Chair and Floor Representative applications due via Anchor Link
- September 27-28: PR Chair and Floor Representative interviews
- September 29: All candidates notified
If elected/appointed, all members of the CLC will be required to attend the CLC Training from 4-11 pm on Friday, September 30 and the Vanderbilt Student Government (VSG) Retreat on Saturday, October 1.
If you have additional questions, contact email@example.com .