"Students in Stambaugh live both the Vanderbilt and the Nashville experience. With a breathtaking view of the Nashville skyline from the Stambalcony and prominent Nashvillians hosted in the House, students are immersed in Nashville art, history, and culture. Our House motto, 'Stand By Me,' embodies the supportive community built from the individual contributions of each student in Stambaugh."
- Justin Yeh,
Stambaugh House Head Resident
About The House
Follow Stambaugh House Online
Rishub Das, President
Richard Hamrick, Vice President
Annie Randle, PR Chair
Austin Slone, Floor Rep
Heidi Barringer, Floor Rep
Adam Witte, Floor Rep
Megala Loganathan, Floor Rep
Victoria Herring, Service Commissioner
Opened in August 2007, Stambaugh House provides modern features in a classic building housing 162 first-year students in traditional double rooms. The building is co-residential, with men and women living on separate floors.
The Faculty Head of House lives in an apartment on the first floor, while students live on floors 2-5 of this five story building. Each residential floor has a study area and three shared bathrooms with showers. In addition, there is a lobby, study area, laundry room, seminar room, music room, and communal kitchen on the first floor. The building is fully air conditioned. Corridors and common areas are carpeted. Student rooms have tiled floors.
Signature programming at Stambaugh House includes the following events:
- Stambaugh Soiree - Soiree is our weekly House program. Soiree brings together residents of diverse backgrounds in order to build a positive and inclusive House community through organic interactions and dialogue. Soiree also encourages students to acquire an appreciation for intellectual discovery outside the bounds of the classroom. This is achieved through conversation with our special guests, who range from film producers, to writers, to politicians, to entrepreneurs, and more. The food and beverages served at Soiree are all healthy, artisan foods.
- StamBall - StamBall is Stambaugh's largest fall semester event. The program is a large celebration and each resident receives a wrapped book as a gift. Students join together to celebrate the holiday season and the completion of their first semester at Vanderbilt.
- StamJam - StamJam is Stambaugh's largest spring semester event; it is also Stambaugh's Commons Mix-Up event. StamJam is a concert and fundraiser that brings some of Music City's most unique artists to the Commons! Local, artisan food is served at the event and students enjoy the company of others while listening to awesome music. Tickets for StamJam are sold to members of the Nashville community and all proceeds are donated to KIPP Nashville. Stambaugh partners with the Curb Center to make this event happen.
- KIPP Tutoring - Each week, Stambaugh residents tutor students at Nashville's KIPP high school. This is our signature House service program.
- Cookies & Quotations - Surprise Sunday night door-to-door delivery of cookies and inspiring quotes.
- Profs on the Porch - Four times during the year, we invite a distinguished professor to Stambaugh for a casual dinner discussion and dessert. This allows students to interact with faculty outside of the academic setting.