"Stambaugh epitomizes not only The Commons and Vanderbilt experience, but also the Nashville experience. Inside the House, our Faculty Head inspires students to appreciate the unique culture of Nashville through local art, history, and artisan food. The StamBalcony, which overlooks The Commons and the Nashville skyline, provides a unique place for students to engage in organic and meaningful conversation, thus building a healthy and strong House community."
- Asheeka Desai,
Stambaugh House Head Resident
About The House
Follow Stambaugh House Online
Alice Randall, Faculty Head
Nadine De La Rosa, AC
Asheeka Desai, HR
Becca Weires, RA
Justin Yeh, RA
Daniel Rose, President
Pooka Santapuram, VP
Shamita Nagalla, PR Chair
Heath Moore, Floor Rep.
Paxton Gammie, Floor Rep.
Jeremy Mani, Floor Rep.
Ishani Pabari, Floor Rep.
Tess Levinson, Service Commissioner
Opened in August 2007, Stambaugh House provides modern features in a classic building housing 162 first-year students in traditional double rooms. The building is co-residential, with men and women living on separate floors.
The Faculty Head of House lives in an apartment on the first floor, while students live on floors 2-5 of this five story building. Each residential floor has a study area and three shared bathrooms with showers. In addition, there is a lobby, study area, laundry room, seminar room, music room, and communal kitchen on the first floor. The building is fully air conditioned. Corridors and common areas are carpeted. Student rooms have tiled floors.
Signature programming at Stambaugh House includes the following events:
- Stambaugh Soiree - Soiree is our weekly House program. Soiree brings together residents of diverse backgrounds in order to build a positive and inclusive House community through organic interactions and dialogue. Soiree also encourages students to acquire an appreciation for intellectual discovery outside the bounds of the classroom. This is achieved through conversation with our special guests, who range from film producers, to writers, to politicians, to entrepreneurs, and more. The food and beverages served at Soiree are all healthy, artisan foods.
- StamBall - StamBall is Stambaugh's largest fall semester event. The program is a large celebration and each resident receives a wrapped book as a gift. Students join together to celebrate the holiday season and the completion of their first semester at Vanderbilt.
- StamJam - StamJam is Stambaugh's largest spring semester event; it is also Stambaugh's Commons Mix-Up event. StamJam is a concert and fundraiser that brings some of Music City's most unique artists to the Commons! Local, artisan food is served at the event and students enjoy the company of others while listening to awesome music. Tickets for StamJam are sold to members of the Nashville community and all proceeds are donated to KIPP Nashville. Stambaugh partners with the Curb Center to make this event happen.
- KIPP Tutoring - Each week, Stambaugh residents tutor students at Nashville's KIPP high school. This is our signature House service program.
- Cookies & Quotations - Surprise Sunday night door-to-door delivery of cookies and inspiring quotes.
- Profs on the Porch - Four times during the year, we invite a distinguished professor to Stambaugh for a casual dinner discussion and dessert. This allows students to interact with faculty outside of the academic setting.