"Murray House is a thriving body of quirky, intelligent, and outgoing students. The students within the House form a familial bond that lasts throughout their four years at Vanderbilt and even continue post graduation. The late night talks and fresh baked cookies with our Faculty Head and his wife further the House's commitment to building community and forming personal relationships. Murray House not only caters to the needs of the House community, but also the needs of the individual. All these things make Murray House the best House on The Commons." - Alonzo Jones, Murray House Head Resident
About The House
Follow Murray House Online
Roger Cone, Faculty Head
Toni Viola, AC
Alonzo Jones, HR
Ariana Fowler, RA
Vrinda Goel, RA
Jay King, RA
Julia Rogers, RA
Mary Landry, President
Jon McGahee, VP
Lauren Milley, PR Chair
Cameron Rohall, Floor Rep.
Mallika Gupta, Floor Rep.
Daniel Lang, Floor Rep.
Maggie Wang, Floor Rep.
Olivia Solow-Niederman, Floor Rep.
Emily Schafer, Service Commissioner
Opened in August 2007, Murray House is located on The Ingram Commons. Murray House provides modern features in a classic building housing 150 first-year students in traditional double rooms.
Students live on floors 2-6 of this six story building. The second floor includes an apartment for the Faculty Head of House, a seminar room, and common kitchen for building residents.
Floors 3-6 each have a study area and three shared bathrooms with showers. In addition, there is a study area, laundry room, and music rooms on the first floor.
The building is fully air conditioned. Corridors and common areas are carpeted. Student rooms have tiled floors.
Signature programming at Murray House includes the following events:
- Murray Munchies - Each week, join the other members of your House for a fun study break.
- No Shave November - Each year, Murray House participates in this nation-wide campaign to promote men's health awareness.
- Annual Holiday Celebration - Put on by the House Advisory Council, this event is a celebration of the end of the semester and the upcoming holiday season.
- Faculty Dinners in Dr. Cone's Apartment - On a regular basis, the Cone's host important guests from around campus and the Nashville community to dine with a small group of students and have a comfortable discussion. Be sure to sign up for one of these when you receive the email from Dr. Cone!
- Murray Spa Night - Want to feel pampered? This is the event for you! In addition to face masks, nail painting, and tea drinking, this is a chance to talk about college life in a casual setting with your Housemates.
- Sunday Football on the Patio - Who doesn't love a little Sunday football downtime? Come watch your favorite teams duke it out on the field with your Housemates and enjoy a little study break.