Hank Ingram House
"Living in Hank is the absolute BEST way to start your Vanderbilt experience.
With so many diverse perspectives and experiences coming together under one roof, there are incredible opportunities in Hank for residents to learn from each other and engage in conversations that we hope they'll carry with them.
We want our residents to take an active role in shaping the community that is built here.
With nearly 300 family members, you'll always have someone to grab dinner with, play basketball with at the Rec, or read with on Commons Lawn. Hank is home to thought-provoking conversations and superb hall and house events
. By the end of the year, you'll know that Hank's House has become your home!"
- Esther Taati and Molly Williams, Hank Ingram House Head Residents
About The House
Follow Hank Ingram House Online
Edwin Williamson, Faculty Head
Jorge Wellmann, AC
Esther Taati, HR
Molly Williams, HR
Bill Badi, RA
Neena Kapoor, RA
Linda Cui, RA
Robyn Du, RA
Phil Goldberg, RA
Bailey Lowe, RA
Jamal Marcelin, RA
Sydney Silberman, RA
Opened in August 2008, Hank Ingram House is located next to the Dean’s Residence. “Hank’s House” provides modern features in a classic building housing approximately 290 first-year students in traditional double rooms. Students live on floors 2-7 of this seven story building. On the first floor, students will find the laundry, an adjoining study space, and two music practice rooms. The second floor includes an apartment for the Faculty Head of House, two seminar rooms, a study space, and a common kitchen for building residents. Floors 3-6 each have a large study area and six shared bathrooms with showers. The seventh floor has a study area and three shared bathrooms with showers. The building is fully air conditioned. Corridors and common areas are carpeted. Student rooms have tiled floors.
Signature programming at Hank Ingram House includes the following events:
- Hank Hang: Weekly signature study break on Mondays at 8 p.m.
- Connect Floor Dinners: Entire floors are invited into the Faculty Head's apartment for dinner catered by a local restaurant with guests from around the university and community leading a variety of small group discussions.
- Hank Health: Small group group events on a variety of topics with guests ranging from religious and spiritual leaders to yoga practitioners, doctors and other healers.
- Service Projects: Members of the house work together with a local Nashville non-profit agency.
Hank Ingram House HAC
Naveen Krishnan, President
Hayden Hunt, Vice President
Mehta Mahek, Senator
Alison Mendoza, PR Chair
Brian Hou, Service Commissioner
Jacob Frier, Floor Representative
Brynn Carlson, Floor Representative
Soraya Sotudeh, Floor Representative
Justin Cruz, Floor Representative
Georgia Gibson, Floor Representative