Hank Ingram House
"There are many reasons that living in Hank Ingram has proven to be a life-changing experience for me, but I would say the greatest reason is certainly the people. Having the most people out of any House on The Commons means more opportunities for diverse dialogue, more unique experiences to undergo with your peers, and a Hank community 300-strong that is endemically rooting for everyone to succeed."
- Jackson Vaught, Hank Ingram House Resident Adviser
About The House
Follow Hank Ingram House Online
Opened in August 2008, Hank Ingram House is located next to the Dean’s Residence. “Hank’s House” provides modern features in a classic building housing approximately 290 first-year students in traditional double rooms. Students live on floors 2-7 of this seven story building. On the first floor, students will find the laundry, an adjoining study space, and two music practice rooms. The second floor includes an apartment for the Faculty Head of House, two seminar rooms, a study space, and a common kitchen for building residents. Floors 3-6 each have a large study area and six shared bathrooms with showers. The seventh floor has a study area and three shared bathrooms with showers. The building is fully air conditioned. Corridors and common areas are carpeted. Student rooms have tiled floors.
Signature programming at Hank Ingram House includes the following events:
- Hank Hangout: Weekly signature study break on Sundays at 9:30p.m.
- Hank Family Night: Every Friday night, our Faculty Head opens her home to all residents for cookies, games, fun, and conversation.
- Connect Floor Dinners: Entire floors are invited into the Faculty Head's apartment for dinner catered by a local restaurant with guests from around the university and community leading a variety of small group discussions.
- Conversation Dinners: Small group catered dinners on given topics, limited to the number of people that can fit at the dining room table in order to facilitate intimate conversation.
- Carter Lawrence Elementary School Service Projects: Members of the House provide daily tutoring at this local elementary school.
- Ice Skating: Every January, the House hits the ice!