"I believe that Crawford House is unique in that it embodies so many things that are also great about the larger Vanderbilt community. Take size, for example - like Vanderbilt as a whole, Crawford's student population is perfect in that it is large enough to give first-years ample opportunities to connect with people from all walks of life but also small enough to provide residents the ability to develop intimate, meaningful relationships. Students who live in Crawford grow intellectually together, empower one another to succeed, and undergo other instrumental developmental experiences that perfectly set the stage for the entirety of their four year living and learning process at Vanderbilt. "
- Jackson Vaught, Crawford House Resident Adviser
About The House
Follow Crawford House Online
Nadine De La Rosa, AC
Jackson Vaught, RA
Danielle Mckeiver, RA
Josh Forges, RA
Marley Kern, RA
Crawford provides modern features in a classic building housing 150 first-year students in traditional double rooms. Students live on floors 2–6 of this six story building. The second floor includes an apartment for the Faculty Head of House, a seminar room, and a common kitchen for residents. Floors 3–6 each have a study area and three shared bathrooms with showers.
In addition, there is a study area, laundry room, and music rooms on the first floor. The building is fully air conditioned. Corridors and common areas are carpeted. Student rooms have tiled floors.
Signature programming at Crawford House includes the following events:
- Crawford PlayDates is a weekly social event to build and foster relationships among residents in the House.
- Divergent Dinners are monthly events in which individuals whose work is strengthened by creative or divergent thinking join residents for dinner to discuss why they do what they do for a living and how they came to their fields.
- The Crawford Haunted House is an annual event in which residents transform Crawford into a Haunted House for other Commons residents and faculty families.
- The Crawford Lecture Series is an annual seminar highlighting the accomplishments of various women and promoting empowerment of female leaders, inspired by Frank Crawford, wife of Cornelius Crawford, after whom the House is named.
- Festivus for the Rest of Us is the annual Crawford House holiday dinner.